Chilham Park Sponsor
As a premium lifestyle business, the very ethos of Chilham Park, and its delivery, sits hand in hand with our own and we look forward to the continuing journey. Tessa Wheeler and her team first outlined their plans to make Kent significant in the world of eventing and it is wonderful to see this dream become a reality. Make no mistake, this has been down to their passion, hard work and commitment – all carried out with the utmost modesty. Stefano Cuomo
Macknade Fine Foods
A WAY OF LIFE
Sharing our experience of food and drink through our shop, our cafe and our wholesale business.
Our aim at Macknade is to offer the best food and drink shopping experience around.
This is an experience that brings joy and satisfaction to us, our customers, our suppliers and everyone that works with us in the business.
We base what we do on the Italian adage of ‘qualita/prezzo’ – that is to say that price must always reflect quality… and our aim is to always deliver more.
We also understand that our role as the link between producer and consumer is important and that an essential part of what we do is to help our customers be close to the producers who grow and make the wonderful products on our shelves. In turn, this brings our producers close to our customers as well. Sign up to our newsletter for updates on tasting and meet the producer events.
Macknade is a family business and that has always been at our core. Whether we were enjoying Christmas at the family home in Faversham, or spending the summer on Ischia with our Italian Grandmother, a passion for flavours and great food and drink has rippled through everything we do.
This ethos carries across the Macknade Team. Their input, along with that of our suppliers and customers, is invaluable in helping us make sure that Macknade is the best it can be.
THESE CORE VALUES GUIDE US IN WHAT WE DO:
- Passion – We are passionate about what we do, and have a genuine love for food and drink and the traditions, effort and provenance that go in to producing it.
- Knowledge – We enjoying sharing what we know.
- Responsibility – We take ownership of everything we do.
- Ethics – We source our products carefully and form strong relationships with suppliers who share our ethos.
- Sustainability – We strive for a low and managed impact on the environment through responsible local and global sourcing – not letting short term returns take precedent.
- Longevity – We are a generational, family business that plans ahead for the future, rather than looking at the short term gains.
- Openness/ Visibility – We believe in what we do and we want to shout about Macknade, for the way we work is as important as the experience we deliver. We want to be questioned and probed because we want our customers to understand us, believe in us and trust us.
- Accountability – We work as a team and make decisions together. They are our decisions, so we are happy to be held to account.
- Pride – We are truly proud of and appreciate our heritage, our produce, our quality, our service and our pricing.
Macknade is not just a shop or job – it is a way of life for so many of us. For this reason we are always trying to improve what we do: looking for new ideas and different ways of doing things, but always keeping the fun and joy in it.