The Chilham Park cross country course offers great training opportunities for first-timers through to advanced eventers.
We host the Chilham Castle BE Horse Trials in Spring and the Chilham Castle International during the summer months.
Our cross country course was designed by Scott Brickell and runs over 300 acres of undulating permanent pasture with old turf.
The course includes BE standard jumps between 80cm and Novice level and includes two water complexes; corners; ditches and banks. A dedicated schooling field is available with training jumps from 50cm.
Chilham Park runs regular cross country clinics and welcomes Trainers and Riding Instructors looking for a top rate schooling facility for their students. Riding Clubs and Pony Clubs are welcome to hire the course for rallies and club activities.
To maintain high standards, there will be times when the course is closed due to events or weather conditions, please contact the Yard to confirm opening dates and times.
For help, information or prices:
- A purpose-built course that is educational and great for fitness work.
- No time limit for schooling
- Over 100 jumps
- BE standard fences built for education and safety
- Fences range from 60cm – BE Novice
- Schooling field with selection of schooling area fences
- Two water complexes
- Course aerated and watered in dry weather for competitions
- Sunken Road, Bank complexes and 3 sets of step
- Cross country clinics with top riders/instructors
- Good hard standing for trailers and horseboxes