Event Terms & Conditions
- All entries are accepted upon the terms of the General Rules and Conditions set out below. A signature on the Entry Form shall be deemed acceptance of the Rules and Conditions.
- The Judges decision is final.
- All horses and ponies must be 4 years or over.
No horse/pony/rider combination may compete twice in the same class and may only compete in a maximum of two consecutive height classes.
Should classes be full by the closing date. Multiple riders with three horses will have one horse balloted, please indicate on Entry Form which horse should be withdrawn (full entry fee refunded).
Objections or a scoring enquiry must be made in writing within 30 minutes of the incident in question and handed to the Secretary accompanied by a deposit of £10 which in the event of the objection being upheld will be refunded.
- Entry fees will be refunded if the event is cancelled. A refund will be made if the entry is withdrawn, in writing, 10 working days before the event. On production of a veterinary or doctors certificate a refund will be made if received four days before the event.
- In the event of any refund £5.00 per entry (£15 per team) will be retained to cover first aid and pre-event administration costs.
- Hats conforming to current PAS or BSEN must be worn at all times whilst mounted and chinstraps securely fastened. Body protectors must be worn whilst riding cross-country and strongly recommend for the show jumping. We strongly advise the wearing of a medical armband.
- Horses and ponies must WALK in the showground. Proper warm up areas will be designated. No lunging on any part of the showground.
- Competitors eliminated from the competition may continue at the discretion of The Organisers. It is the responsibility of eliminated competitors to get permission to continue from the Secretary.
All dogs must be kept on lead at all times whilst on Chilham Castle Estate grounds.
- No litter to be left and no mucking out of trailers or horseboxes in the car parks.
- No Receiving, recording, transmitting or monitoring device maybe used by a competitor during any phase of a competition. Head Cams are prohibited from use
Reservation of Rights
The organisers reserve the right to: 1. cancel the event 2. divide any class 3. alter advertised times 4. refuse entry 5.Misuse of the whip and spurs, or bad language on the showground will result in elimination and the competitors being asked to leave the showground. Competitors are reminded that the welfare of their horse/pony is paramount.
Disclaimer of Liability
The organisers and Chilham Castle Estate do not hold themselves responsible for anything that may happen to spectators, competitors, their property, servants, horses etc. in connection with or arising out of the event. It is a condition of entry that each entrant shall agree to indemnify the promoters against any legal action arising from any such incident.
Health & Safety
The Organiser of this event has taken reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone present. For these measures to be effective, everyone must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring and must obey the instructions of the Organiser and all the officials and stewards.
Unaffiliated championship Rules
Terms and Conditions
- Classes with less than 6 competitors will not be eligible as a qualifier for the Chilham Park Unaffililated Championship.
- Points will only be awarded to a combination. A combination is the same horse and rider.
- The first TEN ELIGIBLE combinations in each qualifying class held at the One Day Event (10 points for 1st– 1 point for 10th)
- At the Hunter Trial.
- The first TEN ELIGIBLE combinations in each individual class
- The first SIX ELIGIBLE combinations in the Pairs class
- The first SIX ELIGIBLE combinations in each Combined Training class (6 points for 1st– 1 point for 6th)
- The first SIX ELIGIBLE combinations in each qualifying Eventer Challenger class
- The highest result of a combination will be used to calculate allocated points, as follows:
- Highest position in any one ODE class
- Highest position in any one Combined Training class on one day
- Highest position in any one Eventers Challenge class on one day
- Highest position in a Hunter Trial class in addition to points awarded for each combination in the Pairs class.
- The winner will be notified as soon as possible after the final event.
- All combinations must be eligible for entry into a qualifying class. In the event of a non-eligible combination receiving a qualifying place, qualification will pass down the line.
- The winner will be the rider and horse combination having gained the most points throughout all the qualifying events.
- In the event of more than one rider and horse combination with equal points at the completion of all qualifying events, the winner will be decided by tie-breaker draw. Details to be confirmed.
- The prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be offered.
The prize is offered by Chilham Park and Eastwell Manor. Booking required to redeem the Eastwell Manor voucher.